HireRight Releases 2022 U.S. Healthcare Spotlight Report
Over half of HireRight’s U.S. healthcare survey respondents found undisclosed criminal convictions during routine background checks last year
NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- HireRight (NYSE: HRT), a leading provider of global background screening services and workforce solutions, announced today the release of its 2022 U.S. Healthcare Spotlight Report, based on responses from over 200 U.S. healthcare professionals who participated in HireRight’s 15th Annual Benchmark Survey.
The report shares information about respondents’ recruitment and background screening activity over the past year, as well as their attitudes toward remote working and predictions for its uptake by the start of 2023.
This year’s survey data found that over a quarter (28%) of U.S. healthcare respondents said the size of their workforce decreased in 2021, with many sharing the same recruitment challenges. Over half (53%) experienced higher than expected resignation rates, two-fifths (42%) reported job vacancies taking three to six months to fill, and two-fifths (39%) cited higher than normal “new hire” turnover rates.
However, the outlook for 2022 appeared to be far more positive, with almost two-thirds (63%) of U.S. healthcare respondents expecting to grow their company’s headcount in 2022 – and of those expecting growth, nearly three-fifths (58%) expected their workforce size to increase by 10-25% this year. In contrast, only 4% of respondents expected their workforce size to decrease in 2022.
The survey responses from U.S. healthcare professionals also revealed that:
- Two-thirds (67%) plan to utilize Facebook for recruitment and over two-fifths (43%) plan to allocate budget for Facebook recruitment campaigns. Both figures are above the survey’s North America averages, which are 43% and 23% respectively.
- Three-fifths (60%) increased salaries or offered new/improved benefits to drive recruitment last year. Over half (52%) offered incentives, such as sign-on bonuses, to help manage the competitive staffing environment.
- Two-thirds (67%) said implementing their background screening provider with their applicant tracking system (ATS) was highly valuable/mission critical, with an additional 28% describing it as moderately valuable.
- Just over half (51%) discovered previously undisclosed criminal convictions during routine background checks – the average from survey respondents across all industries in North America was 37%.
- Just one-fifth (19%) plan to facilitate hybrid working after the pandemic, with nearly a quarter (23%) stating remote work is not possible in their business.
“Many industries took a hard hit at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, but with a drop of around two million employees in early 2020, the U.S. healthcare industry was especially impacted,” said Mary O’Loughlin, Executive Vice President of Growth Verticals at HireRight. “While HireRight’s 2022 survey data shows that most U.S. healthcare organizations projected headcount growth this year, they will need to use the right mix of tactics, channels, and incentives – as discussed in this report – to ensure they get the right talent into their businesses, to support their future growth strategies.”
For more information and to download HireRight’s 2022 U.S. Healthcare Spotlight Report, please visit: www.hireright.com/healthcare-spotlight.
HireRight is a leading global provider of technology-driven workforce risk management and compliance solutions, providing comprehensive background screening, verification, identification, monitoring, and drug and health screening services. HireRight offers services via a unified global software and data platform that tightly integrates into its customers' human capital management systems enabling highly effective and efficient workflows for workforce hiring, onboarding, and monitoring. In 2021, HireRight screened over 29 million job applicants, employees, and contractors for its more than 40,000 customers around the globe and processed over 110 million screens. For more information, visit www.HireRight.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221004005310/en/
Released October 4, 2022